Thursday, July 25, 2013

100% Natural Perfumes

A large portion of my perfume oils are made from about 85% all natural and/or botanical's blended with synthetics, and then there are a few that are not :)
I consider my self an "eclectic" perfume artisan stemming from many conceptual and compelling desires. Ideas come to me from things that cross my path through the day or come up from the past that I feel has a symphony of notes worthy of a good fragrance, and then I just have to create it.
What-ever muse that was driving me a while back, propelled me into creating an all natural perfume and B & B line.

Not as simple as it seems. It's an entirely different set of learning & and study than the mixed media that I've been so used to working with.

Naturals behave differently than most synthetics, and are far more volatile in most cases.
Naturally, Patchouli and Rose are exceptions.but, there is another set of rules. Costly rules (if you're not careful ;)
I've heard bunches of complaints about how bitter some natural perfumes are, (and yes, if you're not careful, they will be) and it 's easy to fall into that nasty natural perfumer category if one is just throwing combos of scents together for the sake of coming out with a new fragrance without tending to it, and force feeding it a bunch of love. So many natural combos can go bad really fast with no rescue net of a smoothing, creamy synthetic to throw in & mellow out those sharp edges. A perfumer is left to some very expensive and few devices in terms of E.O.'s, absolutes and natural perfumes to keep that perfect balancing act. My hat's go off to every other natural perfumer out there.  At (for some naturals) $40.00 for 1/8th fl oz of some botanical fragrances, one is left with very little room for error.

None-the-less, I came out with an all natural line which I have separated from my Enchanticals Perfumes shop on Etsy and named it "Aelfwine Botanicals" (Aelfwine means friend of the Elves ;) here but, I will keep it as an integral part of my website here.

Here are a few of my natural perfume stock:

"Grianmhar Coill" 100% Natural Unisex Fragrance 1/8 fl oz in an amber colored apothecary bottle.

Grianmhar Coill means "Sunlit Forest in Gaelic, and is pronounced gah-Jee-AN-var Kyle.
This fragrance is a dreamy forest like scent with primary notes of Oak moss, lichens, cedar, and a hint of patchouli.

Fragrance Family: Wood/Green - Time of day: Any - Mood: Mysterious

This fragrance is made of 100% natural oils. Please patch test on a small part of your skin to test for allergies.





"Karma II" is the sister perfume of "Karma"in my Enchanticals Perfume Shop. This one is made from 100% natural ingredients. Unisex Scent

1/8th fl oz in an amber colored apothecary bottle.

A rich, sexy blend of Golden Patchouli, natural Honey, Orange essential oil, & smooth Sandalwood essential oil.

Fragrance Family: Wood/Citrus - Time of day: Any - Mood: Sexy

This fragrance is made of 100% natural oils. Please patch test on a small part of your skin to test for allergies.






"Swoon" 100% natural artisan perfume oil 1/8 fl oz in an amber colored apothecary bottle.

This little concoction is a super luscious, happy blend of Madagascar Vanilla Bourbon, Blood Orange, Bulgarian Tobacco, Pink Pepper, and Davana.

This perfume has an unmistakable scent of sherbet vanilla bars, with a hint of something special and swoon worthy while being 100% natural :)

Fragrance Family: Oriental/Gourmand - Time of day: Any - Mood: Sexy

This fragrance is made of 100% natural oils. Please patch test on a small part of your skin to test for allergies.



Many more to come! I hope you like these as much as I do :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment